No Final Decision taken on the Recommendations of the Committee of Chief Ministers on Digital Payments
- All of the world's coral reefs will suffer severe bleaching
- Worldwide, 50 million domestic workers are employed informally
- Bee Survey: Lower Winter Losses, Higher Summer Losses, Increased Total Annual Losses
- Side-Effects of Harmful Radiation from Mobile Phones and Towers
- Volunteering can help save wildlife
- Women are more prone to diabetes: 42.5% Delhiites suffer from Diabetic
- Gold: The yellow metal will remain steady in India in the next 3-6 months'
- Natural rubber imports into India may cross $1,100 million mark by end of this fiscal
- Overweight kids in Delhi-NCR are more prone to cardiovascular diseases:
- Organ and tissue donation can bring comfort to donor family members
Large Cardamom – A Money Spinning Crop A member of Zingiberaceae family, large cardamom is generally used as a spice and in several medicinal preparations. The crop is grown under the shade of forest trees in the sub-Himalayan Mountains at an altitude ranging from 1000 to 2000 metres above the sea level with rainfall of 3000 to 3500 mm distributed in about 200 days a year.
Gulmarg – A Preferred Winter Destination Gulmarg, located as a bowl-shaped small valley at 8,500 feet (2730 meters) in Pir Panchal basin is a preferred destination of matchless beauty. Also known as the meadow of flowers, Gulmarg’s lush green grasses with cool breezes coming from surrounding dense forests of tall conifers on mountains with snowy peaks creates a fabulous experience that no tourist visiting Kashmir can afford to miss.
India offers a globally unmatched work-force. The disciplined, dedicated, and talented youth of India offers a globally unmatched work-force. We are the second largest English speaking country. Our youth are not merely looking for jobs. They have begun taking risks and often prefer to become Entrepreneurs.
All of the world's coral reefs will suffer severe bleaching Between 2014 and 2016, the world witnessed the longest global bleaching event recorded. Among the casualties was the Great Barrier Reef, with 90 per cent of it bleached and 20 per cent of the reef's coral killed.
150 million migrants in global workforce The report, ILO Global Estimates on Migrant Workers, found that there are 232 million international migrants, of which 206.6 million are 15 years old and up. Of this working-age migrant population, 72.7 per cent, or 150 million, are migrant workers. And 83.7 million are men and 66.6 million women.
Safe water now available for hundreds of thousands affected by hurricane Matthew More than two million people, including 900,000 children were affected by the hurricane. Of these people, 1.4 million, including 600,000 children require humanitarian assistance. In addition to the personal losses of homes and crops, more than 716 schools, many health facilities and existing sanitation infrastructure were damaged.
Worldwide nuclear capacity continues to grow in 2016 At the end of 2016, there were 447 reactors operable around the world totalling 391.4 GWe net, and 60 under construction (64.5 GWe gross). This compares with 439 reactors in operation at the end of 2015, with a total 382.2 GWe.
Year End review: Ministry of Home Affairs Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh chaired a meeting of Chief Ministers/ Home Ministers of Rajasthan, Punjab, Gujarat and Jammu & Kashmir for sealing of Indo-Pak border in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan. Inaugurating the meeting, Shri Rajnath Singh sought the active participation of the states to secure the International Border with Pakistan by putting physical and non- physical barriers by December, 2018.
Achievements of Ministry of Defence -2016 During the year as part of Defence Diplomacy, India engaged with its neighbours and Far Eastern countries, as well as also developed countries through bilateral talks, ship visits and bilateral as well as trilateral military exercises. To expedite capacity building, as well as offensive capabilities of the Armed Forces, the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), the apex body of the Ministry of Defence in matters of acquisitions, cleared different critical and high end defence procurement proposals to the tune of more than 1 lakh crore.
Data on more than 1 Crore artists has been collected under Cultural Mapping of India This is carried out by way of grant of scholarships, fellowships, pensions, and other forms of grants/assistance. With a view to reach every nook and corner throughout the length and breadth of the country; there is a need to have data-base of such art forms and artists, which we refer to as “Cultural Mapping”.
Indian Economy continues to consolidate the gains achieved India’s external debt stock stood at US$ 479.7 billion at end-June 2016, witnessing a decline of US$ 5.4 billion (1.1 per cent) over the level at end-March 2016. The external debt-GDP ratio was 23.4 per cent at end-June 2016, as against 23.7 per cent at end March 2016. The share of long-term external debt in total external debt increased marginally to 82.9 per cent at end-June 2016 from 82.8 per cent at end-March 2016.
An unprecedented seven missions launched, all successful India is the fourth country to demonstrate the flight testing of Scramjet Engine. The successful technology demonstration of air-breathing Scramjet engines in flight by ISRO during the year was a modest yet important milestone in its endeavour to design and develop advanced air breathing engines including engines for ISRO’s future space transportation system
Film Stars/Film Festivals
- National Museum of Indian Cinema seeks artefacts and memorabilia from the film industry
- “My Films Connect Past with Future”, Says TS Nagabharna
- Kukunoor( walked the red carpet along with several visually-impaired adults and children
- Goa is all Set to Host the 47th International Film Festival of India
- In the last one year five co-productions had been undertaken with France
China / Hong Kong
- A world class Integrated Exhibition-cum-Convention Centre at Pragati Maidan
- Cabinet approves a New Scheme for promotion of Rural Housing in the country
- Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana 2017 (VPBY 2017)
- Road Connectivity Project for Left Wing Extremism (LWE) Affected Areas
- Sale of surplus land of some PSUs